I want to start publishing more Disney recipes. Much of WDW food is the “main event” on property, and I think that sharing some of the Disney “secret recipes” is worthwhile. Here’s a great one from the Disney Food Blog…
One of my husband’s fa-vor-ite dishes in Disney World is this super creamy clam chowder from Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom!
It’s a New England style clam chowder, which means it’s made with milk and ends up creamy instead of brothy in the end. This delicious goodie has been a staple on the Liberty Tree Tavern menu for years, and it’s a guest favorite.
But here’s a DFB Tip: don’t have time for a long lunch? Head on over to Columbia Harbour House nearby to get a similarly delicious chowder fix, counter-service style!
Let’s get cookin’…
Ingredients (Makes 8 Servings):
1 lb margarine
3/4 lb all-purpose flour
1 (23 ounce) can clam juice
1 (25 ounce) can clams, chopped
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1 1/2 cups diced onions
1 1/2 cups diced green peppers
1 2/3 quarts hot milk
1 2/3 ounces salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
1 1/2 cups diced potatoes (1/2 inch cubes)
1. With melted margarine, combine celery and onions, cook for 5 minutes or until transparent.
2. Add flour to make roux and mix until smooth.
3. Let it cook for a few minutes, then add hot clams and juice and half of the hot milk. Mix until all the flour lumps are smooth.
4. Continue cooking for about 10 minutes.
5. Add green peppers, potatoes and seasonings.
6. Combine, cook until potatoes and peppers are soft and cooked through, then add the remainder of the milk.
Recipe Credit: Food.com
Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to:
Orlando Restaurant Picks
- La Luce by Donna Scala – Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
- Bull and Bear Steakhouse – Waldorf Astoria Orlando